The English Cemetery

English Cemetery

Just outside of Campbeltown, on the Beinn Ghuilean circuit, lies a small cemetery, known locally as The English Cemetery.

Listed on the Argyll & Bute Council Asset Register as Tomaig Road English Cemetery Tomaig Road,Campbeltown,PA28.

According to the Places of Worship in Scotland website, it is listed as follows:
Tomaig Cemetery is the private burying ground of Sir Alexander Stewart of Knockrioch. It was also used to bury members of the local Episcopal Church until around 1927.

Whatever the story behind it is, it is a beautiful, peaceful place. Especially as the sun is going 🙂

Leave a comment or say hello.

%d bloggers like this: